There seems to be a general lack of information about Rancho San Lucas, and hence a lot of questions, so I’m hoping my blog articles help clear up some of them. If you have not seen my post on the Rancho San Lucas Construction Progress, there is quite a bit of information there. One question I have been receiving lately quite a bit is where is “The Ranch” located?”. I hope this post will help clear that up.
Rancho San Lucas on the Map
Rancho san lucas is located about 9 miles away from Grand Solmar Cabo San Lucas. I’m not sure if this is the final route to get there, but whichever route is utilized won’t be that much different. Some key things to notice are that The Ranch is well past sunset beach AND Diamonte. Getting here by taxi is going to take at least 20 minutes, and more if traffic is heavy. I would imagine the Grand Solmar properties will have a shuttle between the two resorts, and hopefully it’s free.
Things to Consider
As you can clearly see on the map, there really isn’t much else going to be at the location. I get the impression that staying at any property in Rancho San Lucas is going to be very much like staying out on the Corridor. Most people will end up spending much of their vacation on the resort, with perhaps an occasional trip “into town.” Many of the conveniences that we enjoy at Grand Solmar CSL will not exist. I’ve tried to think of a list of things to consider if you plan to purchase or stay in this location.
- Grocery delivery may not be available at Rancho San Lucas. If Prickly Pear or Cabo Kruzer do decide to deliver out there, they will most certainly charge an additional fee.
- Access to groceries, particularly snacks an alcohol will be limited to what you find on resort.
- For those of you who choose to go to Costco, there will definitely be an additional fee. If you are coming directly from the airport, the new location will use highway 10, which doesn’t go anywhere near Costco. In fact, it might be cheaper to take a taxi.
- If you are like me, and want to create your own Top 10 Restaurants in Cabo list, you won’t be able to just walk out the back of the resort and meander your way to a new culinary experience.
- The wind on that part of the coast can be pretty significant, bring a wind breaker particularly for evenings.
- Your unit will be more difficult to rent. I know this from experience, the vast majority of renters want to be in CSL or in SJD.
I’m certain I have forgotten things, so please check this article every so often as I will update it with any new things to consider about the location.