This is question I see frequently asked across various Cabo related forums, and given I’ve used every conceivable method, I thought I’d provide as much information as I could on the topic. I think it’s important to preface my take on this topic with one very tenet of my travel philosophy…
The moment wheels hit the ground I want to be on vacation as quickly as possible.
This why I have my bags packed a month early, the instructions for the house sitter compelte 2 weeks in advance, and always use private ground transportation. The second I get through the lines at the airport, I want to be on vacation. No timeshare sales pitches, no shared transportation, not even a resort shuttle.
For my vacation style, unless your traveling by yourself, using a grocery delivery service is the best way to stock your room.
The process of grocery delivery is very simple. Both of the services I recommend have great websites where you can place your order. Once you place your order, you will be sent an itemized list with the bill total, with the total being do cash on delivery. The groceries will be scheduled for delivery at your time of arrival, such that you can have the groceries delivered to your room by the bell service while you check-in!
- You don’t have to stop
- The delivery fee is usually similar to or less than the fee for stopping via private transportation, and certainly cheaper than a taxi
- The delivery services are able to get their items from multiple sources and combine them into one order
- You don’t have to stop, or go grocery shopping
- You don’t have to haul around groceries in a taxi
- The grocery service is better at picking out avocados and limes than you are 😉
- You can get all of your beer, wine, and alcohol in 1 order.
- You can price compare right online. If there is a price difference, Prickly Pear has matched the pricing for us.
There are several grocery delivery services available in Cabo, but I’m an intensely loyal customer, and once I find a service I like, I generally stick with them. That said, I know of 3 reputables services which I can recommend highly:
- Prickly Pear Cabo
- Cabo Kruzer
- Cabo Grocery Girls
Each of these companies have great reviews and a strong following. I have personally never used Cabo Kruzer, but there are folks I know who give him 5 star ratings all over the place. We have always used Prickly Pear, and have had nothing but great experiences with them.